Malaysian Passport | Malaysian Permanent Residence – Work Permit

February 7, 2013

Malaysian Passport

Malaysian Passport


Application for Malaysian Citizenship/ Malaysian Passport                                                            under Articles 19 (1) and 19 (2)- Person aged 21 and above

This application is made to obtain a certificate of naturalization.


  • The applicant shall appear before the Registrar of Citizenship on submission of application.
  • The applicant must be 21 or older on the date of application.
  •  The applicant has resided in the federation for a period of not less than 10 years in the 12 years preceding the date of the application, and which includes the 12 months immediately preceding that date.
  • The applicant intends to reside permanently in the federation.
  •  The applicant is of good character.
  • The applicant has an adequate knowledge of the Malay language.
  • The applicant must be sponsored by two citizens.
  •  Fill in Form C and attach copies of supporting documents.


The applicant is required to go to a counter at the Putrajaya NRD Headquarters or state NRD headquarters or NRD branch and bring along the original and copies of the following supporting documents:

•    Identity card of the applicant
•    Entry permit of the applicant
•    Passport/travel document of the applicant
•    Birth/Adoption certificate of the applicant (if any)
•    Identity cards/birth certificates/citizenship certificates of sponsors
•    3 colour photographs of the applicant measuring 32 mm x 38 mm
•    Identity card of the spouse, if any
•    Identity cards/birth certificates of the applicant’s children
•    Identity cards of the applicant’s parents and siblings, if any


1.    Application fee: RM10.00
Note:    All copies of supporting documents should be made on A4 paper.

Note:    All citizenship-related applications must be made using the original printed forms. The forms can be obtained from the NRD Headquarters in Putrajaya or the NRD headquarters in any state.With the exception of registration of birth abroad and application to renounce citizenship, forms can also be obtained at consulates.